PART 1 – THE CLAIMS TRIBUNAL AGREED PROCEDURE
PART 1- SCOPE AND DEFINITIONS
- Scope: This procedure shall be applicable for all claims filed before the Claims Tribunals in the NCT of Delhi.
- Definitions. –
(1) In this procedure, unless the context otherwise requires,
- “Act” means the Motor Vehicles Act,1988 ( 59 of 1988);
- “accident” means an accident involving use of motor vehicle at a public place;
- “Claims Tribunal” means a Motor Accidents Claims Tribunal constituted under section 165 of the Act;
- “Clause” shall refer to the Clauses of this Agreed procedure;
- “Form” means a form appended to The Delhi Motor Accident Claims Tribunal Rules, 2008;
- “insurance company” means the insurance company with which a motor vehicle involved in an accident was insured on the date of the accident;
- “investigating police officer” means the station house officer of a police station within whose jurisdiction an accident involving a motor vehicle occurs, and includes any police officer subordinate to him entrusted with the investigation of the case;
- “legal representative” shall have the same meaning assigned to it under clause (11) of section 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908).
- “Rule” or “2008 Rules” shall bear reference to The Delhi Motor Accident Claims Tribunal Rules, 2008.
(2) All other words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 or The Delhi Motor Accident Claims Tribunal Rules, 2008, shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in that Act, or the Rules as the case may be.